Friend Tells Jury She Finds Moriah Wilson Dead in Bathroom, GLAM YOGA TEACHER TRIAL – Crime Online


A 911 call played in court Wednesday during Kaitlin Armstrong’s murder trial allowed a Texas jury to hear the frantic scene a friend walked in on after Moriah “Mo” Wilson’s death.

“The last thing Mo did on this Earth was scream in terror,” prosecutor Rickey Jones said during opening statements Wednesday inside an Austin courtroom. “You’ll hear those screams.”

“Those screams were followed by ‘Pop! Pop!’ Two gunshots.”

According to NBC News, Caitlin Cash, a friend who found 25-year-old Wilson, a professional cyclist, shot dead in an Austin apartment, called 911 after stumbling upon Wilson after Armstrong allegedly shot her in May 2022.

“Her brain is leaking,” Cash told a 911 dispatcher. “I just walked in and she’s lying on the bathroom floor and there’s blood everywhere. I can’t tell what’s happened.”

An emotional Cash took the stand Wednesday and described finding Wilson with her “feet sticking out from the bathroom,” DailyMail reports, and “realized something was seriously wrong.”

Photo via US Marshals/Armstrong before changing her appearance

As CrimeOnline previously reported,  Armstrong was arrested in 2022, in a Costa Rica hideaway spot she fled to after the death of Wilson, an elite cyclist who reportedly had a romantic relationship with Colin Strickland, identified as Armstrong’s boyfriend.

Investigators believe that Armstrong murdered Wilson because she suspected Wilson was having an affair with Strickland.

On the day of Wilson’s death, Strickland allegedly lied to Armstrong to conceal that he had gone swimming with Wilson and had dinner with her. He instead claimed that he dropped off flowers for someone and then his phone battery died.

Wilson had been staying at a friend’s home in Austin ahead of a bicycle race in Texas when she was murdered. Her friend found her at the home with multiple gunshot wounds, which police believe were fired by a 9 mm Sig Sauer handgun.

Jones said the casings found at the crime scene matched Armstrong’s gun.

Armstrong managed to flee with the country, allegedly with her sister’s passport, but was captured after 41 days on the run, at a yoga/surfing retreat town in Costa Rica. She was subsequently extradited back to the U.S. to face murder and related charges.

Armstrong pleaded not guilty. She could face up to 99 years in prison if found guilty.

The trial continues. Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Featured Photo: Mo Wilson/Family Handout]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *